The greatest experience

martes, 18 de noviembre de 2008

God is here! (By Christopher De Vinck)




Many years ago, when I was in Secondary School, I never forgot a special task that I was requested to do. We have to write about anybody who was more than 70 years old. So I decided to visit a retirement home.






I went to the school management office. I explained what my task was about and the manager sent me to the room number six. The room had a bed, a chair and a rose's picture on the wall. An elderly woman was knitting diligently on the chair. When I entered to the room, she looked at me with her eyes half-closed.


"Yes?" she asked.


"I´m a Secondary student" I explained shyly. I have to write an essay.


"Come in" She stopped knitting and gave a little pats on the bed.


"Sit here."


I sit and she started to knit again.


"What are you doing?" I requested.


"God is in my basket" she said.


"What are you knitting?" I said a little loudly this time.


She stopped again, she smiled and repeated "God is in my basket."


I took a look at the basket discreetly for if I was managing to glimpse God.


"God is here" she said. I prayed for Him to come and He did it.


The woman didn't said anything else. Finally I thanked her and left the room.


"What impression did she caused you?" the retirement home manager asked me.


"She says God is in her basket of knitting" I replied. "It seems to me that she is a little crazy."


"She was when she arrived here" the manager explained. "She had become widowed and she was alone. I suggested her pray to God in order to gave her peace and she did it."


" Soon afterwards an assistant taught her how to knit, and within six months she was knitting socks to everybody. She became the most popular woman in the entire retirement home."


"And now?" I asked.


"She is more than 90 years old but still she can knitting. She only says that God is in her basket."


Several weeks later I received a beautiful wool sweater of my size with a small note from the retirement home manager:


"Dear Christopher:


The woman you met here requested us we send you this gift. She thought you'll like to cover you with a piece of God.


She died three days ago. She was happy."


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio